Online, Not in Line.
Need to open a checking or savings account but don't feel like driving to the bank and adulting today?
Hey, we've been there too. Grab a cup and your smartphone, sit down and do it all from the convenience of your home, office, coffee shop or bike trail bench. Skip the line when you apply online.
LET'S GET STARTED
Bear State Checking
All checking accounts come with the following free benefits:
Visa ATM/Debit Card
Mobile Remote Deposit
What You'll Need
- Social Security Number
- Valid Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, or Passport
- Credit or Debit Card, or U.S. checking or savings account number and bank routing number to fund your new account(s)
- Valid email address where we can send important account information
- Answers to out of wallet questions to confirm your identity
If you are applying with a joint owner, you will also need to provide each of the above for the co-applicant.
You will receive a confirmation as to the status of your application at the end of the process. A Bear State team member will be in touch with any follow up actions needed.
When will I get my debit card?
Your Bear State Bank checking account automatically comes with a Visa Debit/ATM Card that includes the new EMV chip card technology. You should expect to receive your Bear State Debit Card along with activation instructions in the mail within approximately five business days from account opening. A four-digit personal identification number (PIN) will be mailed to you separately. If you choose, you can change your PIN by visiting a Bear State Bank ATM.
Use your free Bear State Visa Debit Card to make purchases every day- online and on the go. The money is seamlessly drafted directly from your account. The new cards are equipped to perform both a chip-based transaction as well as a magnetic stripe-based transaction. Wherever you see the Visa symbol, simply dip the chip or swipe, sign and go!
- Free with all Bear State checking accounts
- Avoid check-writing stress (you know, like when the pen won’t write)
- Works as an ATM card
- Get a detailed transaction description on your monthly statement
- Safe and secure method of payment
Bears are fiercely protective of their own, as are we when it comes to protecting your accounts at Bear State. Not only have we made our debit cards more secure by including the new EMV technology, we also offer two additional services to help keep your account safe.
SecurLOCK Communicate, a fraud alert management service, is available for your Bear State debit card. This service is designed to provide you with the opportunity to actively engage in our fraud protection and detection strategies and decrease fraud losses. SecurLOCK Communicate includes real-time, two-way SMS text for quicker fraud identification and prevention, as well as interactive voice and email fraud notification if no response is received from you by text or phone calls. This protection is only as good as the information we have on file for you so, please take the time to make sure your contact information is current.
Below is an example of an alert message:
FreeMsg: Bear State Bank Fraud Dept 8662423324: Suspicious txn on acct 111: $201.99 STORE. If authorized reply YES, otherwise reply NO. To Opt Out reply STOP.
If the reply is YES, the case will be closed as not fraud and you will receive the following response:
FreeMsg: Bear State Bank Fraud Dept: Thank you for confirming this activity. Your account is safe for continued use. To Opt Out reply STOP.
If the reply is NO, you will receive the following response: FreeMsg: Bear State Bank Fraud Dept: Thank You. We will call you or you can call us at any time at 866.242.3324. To Opt Out reply STOP.
SecurLOCK Equip App
Through this mobile app, you can control how, when and where your Bear State Debit Card is used. It is a simple and secure way to manage and monitor your payment transaction activity.
- Turn entire card on and off by channel (in-store, online, mobile, ATM, etc.)
- Set transaction spend limits
- Select geographic locations where the card can be used
- Set merchant locations
- Block all international transactions
- View recent transactions
- Receive alerts
It's almost like having your own security support team, accessible 24/7! The app is free, easy to use and available through the Apple App store or Google Play.
How do I enroll in Online Banking?
Online Banking on Your Time and Your Terms
At Bear State, you control your finances with access to your account information when and where it is convenient for you. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Wherever you are, whenever you want, get a safe, secure and comprehensive snapshot of all your account activity.
After you have received an email confirming your new account has been established, you can enroll in Online Banking.
- Go to www.bearstatebank.com
- In the Online Banking section (green box on the right), click "New User?"
- Complete the application and submit
- Create your username and password
- Access is typically available within 1-2 business days however, it is often sooner!
- A letter will be sent to you containing log-in instructions
Once you have successfully logged in, you can sign up for eStatements, take advantage of our free Bill Pay service and the many other awesome features such as:
- Purchase Rewards- activate exclusive offers to receive cash back by simply using your Bear State Debit Card
- PopMoney- a personal payment service that allows you to send and receive money electronically by using an email address or cell phone number. $1 per transfer. Barely a cost for that kind of service.
- FinanceWorks- a personal financial management tool that allows you to analyze your spending behavior and find ways to save. It also allows you to manage all of your accounts in one place, including accounts from other financial institutions
How do I bank using my smartphone or tablet?
Mobile Banking for the Bear on the Go
The most convenient bank location is always the one nearest you, and there's nothing closer than your smart phone or tablet. We always love to see you in person, but for those times when you need the convenience of banking literally at your fingertips, you will find Bear State Bank’s mobile banking services waiting there for you.
Mobile banking gives you access to your accounts wherever and whenever you want it. You can easily access your account information, transfer funds and pay bills from any mobile device with web browsing capability and a data plan.
- Check your account balance and transaction history at your fingertips.
- Conveniently pay bills while you are on the go. No need to find a bank or even a computer.
- Transfer funds between your accounts right from your phone or mobile device.
- You can deposit checks fast with your mobile phone. No need to visit a branch.
- Load Purchase Rewards offers on your debit card directly from your mobile phone app.
- SMS (Text) Messaging Banking: get a text message with information about your account. Simply set up the notification within Online Banking.
You must enroll in Online Banking before you can utilize Mobile Banking. Once enrolled you can download the Bear State Bank Mobile App from the iTunes store or Google Play and log in using your same username and password created for your Online Banking account.
How can I deposit a check remotely?
Through our Mobile Deposit service you can deposit checks by using the camera on your smartphone and the Bear State Mobile App. It’s as easy as Snap. Tap. Deposit!
You are automatically registered for the Mobile Deposit service once you have successfully enrolled in Online Banking and accepted the Terms and Conditions associated with Mobile Deposit. There is a default per item limit of $500, a daily limit of $1,000 and a rolling 30-day limit of $5,000. If these numbers seem too limiting, give our Solutions Center a call at 866.242.3324 and we will see what we can do to accommodate your needs.
All deposits made after 3:30pm CST are considered next business day.
What web browsers can I use to open my account online?
Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Chrome are all compatible with our online account opening software.
Please call us if you have any questions about Bear State Bank or if we can help you in any way.