By Bear State Bank

The Bear Goes Pink for the Jonesboro Fundraising Race

Bear State Bank is going pink for the inaugural Komen North East Arkansas Race for the Cure® set for Saturday, May 6 at the Centennial Stadium on the ASU Campus in Jonesboro. Bear State is a Crystal Sponsor and a team of associates from our Jonesboro branches will run/walk in the race.

……….

Nationally, the Race for the Cure has raised $2 billion to date to help fund research, education, screening and treatment of beast cancer. Local organizers hope to raise $50,000. Of this figure, 75% of the net funds will be distributed through local grant service providers while the remaining 25% is contributed to national research.

Mortality rates for breast cancer has dropped dramatically over the past 30 years, but it remains the leading cause of cancer death among women around the world. Fund raising and ongoing research are important in that one in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. In Arkansas, an estimated 2,050 new cases will occur this year and approximately 450 will be fatal. The 26-county Delta/Northeast Arkansas region has the highest incidence of breast cancer and the highest mortality rate in Arkansas.

Race officials are expecting between 4,000 and 5,000 race/walk participants for this first-ever event.


RACE DAY SCHEDULES

All Race Day events will be at Centennial Stadium on the Arkansas State Campus

6:30 a.m.     Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
7:00 a.m.     Sponsor booths open
7:00 a.m.     Survivor Breakfast Begins in the McAlister/Woodard Area in Centennial Stadium
8:00 a.m.     Main Stage presentations begin
8:15 a.m.     Survivor Parade and Photo on the Centennial Stadium Field
9:00 a.m.     Race Begins


To learn more, go to arkansas.info-komen.org